Sunday, October 25, 2009

Dinner with my son, the autistic one ( warning graphic nature)

Dinner time has always been a challange, between the smells, textures, and for the longest time getting him to just sit still eat. Let's not forget the challanges he had with holding a spoon or fork.  So his biggest issue is textures or the smell now, he has actually vomited from eating certain foods. Last time as he puked his dinner on his plate, he said "See Daddy I told You I hate these kinds of beans" hurl, then said it again " See told you"..... anyways tonight I tried something new called Chili Cheese Bisquit bites, I made green beans and carrots with which some days he likes. Anyways he looks at his plate, and says MOMMMMM this looks like vomit. Great son, make mom feel good for cooking you a homemade dinner, then his sister laughs and goes but it tastes good mom.It looked like a lovley chili bean meal with bisquit, to be honest it kinda looked like vomit, .... anyways he ate everything but it first, and I said just try one bite for mommy. It has cheddar you love cheddar,which he does, because he sings " i love cheddar" all the time. To which his reply was not this kinda of cheddar... ahhh Ok son just one bite please. He tried it, and gagged and I thought we were going to vomit.. my thing is he has to try it, and sometimes I think he uses the vomit thing as a way not too try food,... I always make him try one bite, sometimes he is suprised and likes it, others his issues kick in, and we have a gag like response.


Just had to share how our dinner was tonight.... Hope you all have a great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment