Sunday, October 25, 2009

How I Grocery shop, and my meal plan for the week.


I am once a month shopper, I buy all meals for the month at the first of the month, and only go back for a few things like bread,milk,produce. We spend $650 a  month on our groceries.  That's buying  Organic Milk, and having a child who is allergic to eggs,nuts, soy, to name a few things.  That averages to about $162 a week. Have to say I probaly spend less on meals because of things like my husband's soda addiction ( which costs about $40 a month), and his chocolate obession. I do buy in bulk when the price is good. I am a BIG coupon hunter. I do only use coupons for things I use regularly but it's easy to find them with sites like coupon.com, and the local paper. Most are meals average $4 to $8 a meal. We only buy 2 kinds of cearl in our house for the kids to eat and that's honey nut cherrios and wheaties, I make breakfast about once a week, and muffins once a week. Little man is obessed with Blueberrys, so I try to let him have something blueberry once a week rather waffles or muffins. His fave snack is Blueberrys mixed in applesauce. Well enough with all of that, on to the meal plan, here is what we are having this week. I do use recipes, I have collected, and I am really good at making up meals with whatever we have on hand.

Meal Plan:10/25
Sun: Chili Cheese Bisquit Pies ,carrots, and tators.
Mon :Mummy Dogs, My famous  mac n cheese,and green beans
Tues: Chicken Pot Pie, mashed tators, and peas
Weds: Salmon, rice, veggies
Thurs:Turkey Stromboli
Fri:Cheeseburger pie
Sat:  Out to eat with T&T, probaly Salsaritas where I can feed us for about $15 or less ( One kids meal free with each entree, which works out since A man doesn't eat kids meals)

No comments:

Post a Comment